Ben H. Lee, MD is a lifelong resident of Colorado. He attended the University of Colorado Boulder, where he received an undergraduate degree in molecular and cell biology with highest honors. Thereafter, he relocated to the University of Colorado School of Medicine in Denver to pursue a medical career.
After earning an M.D. with highest honors, he completed a surgical internship at the University of California at San Francisco. He was then given the opportunity to train in otolaryngology/head and neck surgery at Duke University Medical Center. Because he had the privilege of working closely with the plastic surgery division on trauma and head and neck cancer patients, he developed a deep respect for excellence and dedication that plastic surgeons apply to those in need of their expertise.
After completing his first residency, he therefore decided to pursue additional training in plastic and reconstructive surgery, also at Duke University. To broaden his skills, he completed additional training in hand and microsurgery at the Kleinert Institute of Hand and Microsurgery in Louisville, KY. In 1988, he returned to Denver and has been in private practice ever since. His special practice interests include aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery, facial cosmetic surgery, and body contouring.
Dr. Lee is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
He recently returned to school and in 2003 he obtained an M.B.A. from the University of Colorado - Boulder.
Dr. Lee's professional memberships & affiliations include:
• American Society for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
• American College of Surgeons (Fellow)
• American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
• American Medical Association
• Triological Society
Dr. Lee's hospital affiliations are:
• Swedish-Health One (Englewood, CO)
• Rose-Health One (Denver, CO)
• Porter Adventist (Denver, CO)
• Aurora South Hospital (Aurora, CO)
• Skyridge Hospital (Lone Tree, CO)
L• ittleton Adventist (Littleton, CO)
Honors & Awards:
• Phi Beta Kappa honor society
• Alpha Omega Alpha honor society
• H.A. Arnold Scholarship (all semesters), University of Colorado - Boulder
• Eugene Stoiber Award for outstanding achievement by a junior student, University of Colorado - Denver
• Gottesfeld Memorial Award for most outstanding sophomore student, University of Colorado - Denver
• Lange Award for most outstanding freshmen student, University of Colorado - Denver
Publications & Presentations:
• Immunoglobulin G, Total and Subclass, in Children with or without Recurrent Otitis Media. Journal of Pediatrics, pp249-251, August 1992.
• "Retinoic Acid as a Regulator of Cellular Proliferation and Differentiation in Head and Neck derived Squamous Cell Carcinoma." North Carolina/South Carolina Otolaryngologic Society Annual Meeting. June 1994.
• "Microsurgical Reconstruction of the Scalp." Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery.
• "Histological Comparison of CO Laser vs. Phenol Peeling in a Photoaged Hairless Mouse Model." Funded by The Aesthetic Society.
• "Management of Lower Extremity Lawnmower Injuries in Children and Adolescents."