UMANSKY MEDICAL CENTER FOR PLASTIC SURGERY
La Jolla cosmetic surgeons Dr. Jeffrey Umansky and Dr. Charles Umansky provide patients from the San Diego area and beyond with the highest quality plastic surgery procedures, including breast enhancement, body contouring, and facial procedures, including facelift. The doctors are extensively trained in all aspects of plastic surgery and continue their education to remain at the top of their field and provide the best possible surgical results for their patients.
ABOUT DR. JEFFREY UMANSKY
• Medical degree, with Alpha Omega Alpha distinction, University of California at Los Angeles, School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, 2001
• Bachelor’s degree, with Phi Beta Kappa distinction , University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, 1997
• Plastic surgery residency, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 2004-2006
• General surgery residency, University of California at Irvine Medical Center, Orange, CA, 2002-2004
• General surgery internship, University of California at Irvine Medical Center, Orange, CA, 2001-2002
• Cosmetic and Aesthetic, Boston Center for Ambulatory Surgery, Boston, MA, 2006
• American Board of Plastic Surgery
ABOUT DR. CHARLES UMANSKY
· Medical degree, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY, 1963
· Bachelor’s degree, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, 1959
· Plastic surgery resident, New Jersey College of Medicine and Dentistry, 1968 – 1970
· General surgery resident, University of Southern California Medical Center, Los Angeles, 1964 – 1968
· General surgery intern, University of Southern California Medical Center, Los Angeles, 1963 – 1964
· American Board of Plastic Surgery
· American Board of Surgery
· Medical Affiliations
· American Society of Plastic Surgery
· California Society of Plastic Surgery
· San Diego Plastic Surgery Society
· California Medical Association
• Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation at our La Jolla plastic surgery center will enhance the size and the shape of a woman's breasts. There are many reasons why a woman may consider breast augmentation with implants. Whatever the reason, women who come to us for breast augmentation will achieve larger or fuller breasts that are more visually pleasing. Dr. Charles Umansky, Dr. William Umansky, and Dr. Jeffrey Umansky have extensive experience with this procedure.
• Breast Lift
Pregnancy, weight loss, or the natural aging process can leave a woman with breasts that sag and lose their shape. A breast lift, or mastopexy, at our San Diego-area practice is a surgical procedure that reshapes and cosmetically improves a woman's breasts. After a breast lift, a woman will have breasts that are firmer, better shaped, and more youthful looking. The procedure is often combined with the use of an implant to achieve greater fullness and improved shape.
• Breast Reduction
Breast reduction, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is offered at our La Jolla medical center for women who desire smaller breasts. These women may have symptoms of back or neck pain, shoulder grooves, or rashes. The procedure is effective in relieving the symptoms of large breasts and can also eliminate the self-consciousness some women feel about the size of their breasts.
• Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
The appearance of visible breasts in men, or gynecomastia, can be treated at Umansky Medical Center to restore a more masculine chest, primarily through liposuction. For further information about liposuction,
• Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
A tummy tuck is a surgical procedure to remove excess fat and tissue from the abdominal region. A tummy tuck is most commonly performed at our La Jolla practice for our San Diego-area patients who have been left with loose abdominal tissue due to pregnancy or weight loss. A tummy tuck will leave the patient with a flatter, more contoured, and more visually satisfying abdomen.
Inherited traits can sometimes prevent people from achieving their desired body shape. Even diet and exercise may fail to improve difficult areas of fat deposition. For many of our San Diego-area patients, the answer is liposuction, a surgical procedure performed at our La Jolla center to remove fat from specific areas of the body. The best areas for liposuction are those that have good skin tone.
Umansky Medical Center offers facelift surgery at our San Diego-area practice in order to reverse the effects of aging, gravity, sun and wind exposure, and daily stress. A facelift can provide excellent results for patients with excess skin hanging from the neck or jowls. We do this by removing excess skin and fat, tightening facial muscles, and repositioning the facial skin. A facelift is frequently performed in combination with other facial procedures such as a forehead lift (brow lift), eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), or nasal surgery (rhinoplasty).
A facelift at our San Diego-area medical center is carefully customized to compliment each patient’s unique bone structure, skin texture, and underlying muscle tone. Facelifts do not generally improve fine wrinkles, although excellent results can be achieved when a facelift is followed up with procedures that do improve skin texture, such as chemical skin peels.
• Brow Lift (Forehead Lift)
Browlift is a procedure used to elevate droopy eyebrows and to reduce forehead wrinkles and frown lines. It is often performed in conjunction with a facelift or eyelid surgery.
Because many people feel that the size or shape of their noses doesn’t fit the rest of their faces, nasal refinement, also known as rhinoplasty, is one of the most common facial cosmetic procedures. An appealing facial profile, with a well-proportioned nose as its centerpiece, can greatly enhance a person’s self-image and self-confidence. The rhinoplasty procedures offered at our San Diego-area center can reduce or increase the size of the nose, narrow its width, or change the profile of the bridge or tip.
There are a number of variations on rhinoplasty, depending on a patient’s unique needs and desires. Your consultation with one of our experienced surgeons will help you decide which procedure will achieve your goals.
• Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
The area around the eyes is particularly important to the overall appearance of the face. Puffy or wrinkled skin under the eyes and loose, sagging upper eyelid skin can make a person look tired or years older. Droopy upper eyelid skin can also interfere with vision. At Umansky Medical Center, we offer a procedure known as blepharoplasty to refine the upper and lower eyelids.
• Ear Shaping (Otoplasty)
Otoplasty is the reshaping of the ears, correcting ears that protrude noticeably from the sides of the head. Protruding ears can result in psychological trauma to children who endure teasing by their peers. Adults are not immune to the embarrassment of protruding ears, either. Reshaping of the ears can provide emotional and cosmetic benefits at any age.
• Custom SkinCeutical Facials for Men, Teens & Women
• PCA Facial Peels
• Facial & Body Waxing
• Make-up Application