A native New Yorker, Dr. Klapper graduated medical school with awards in Anatomy and Medical Science. He returned to train in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery at NYU Medical Center home of the world-renowned Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. While there he was quickly recognized as a skilled surgeon, a creative thinker and a problem solver that thought outside the box.
He soon became interested in the science behind Aesthetic Surgery and Breast Surgery.
He has taught his techniques to local surgeons and to international visitors, as well as lecture nationally on these topics. A few of his contribution to the International Plastic Surgery Community include:
• Pioneering a new procedure for Reduction Mammaplasty (Breast Reduction) that addressed the reconstructive efforts and symptomatic relief on an equal footing with Breast Aesthetics.
• Pioneering a new Mastopexy (breast lift) Technique that addresses the upper pole of the breast -- increasing its projection.
• Designing a new generation of Breast Scissors so that plastic surgeons could have better tools at their disposal.
• Designing a Breast Marking Device for Vertical Breast Reduction and Breast Lift Surgery.
• Designing an Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) Marking Device
In addition to seeing patients at his private clinic in Manhattan, Dr. Klapper operates at the Manahattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital - well known for being the premier cosmetic surgery hospital in the nation. Dr. Klapper sits on the Board of several local Charities and also donates his time to teach the next generation of plastic surgery residents.
As Seen On...
You've likely seen Dr. Klapper in the New York media. Dr. Klapper recently appeared here: