ABOUT DR. BAHMAN TEIMOURIAN
Dr. Bahman Teimourian is an experienced plastic surgeon operating in a state-of-the-art private and pleasant facility located in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area. Dr. Bahman Teimourian is also the author of 65 medical articles and 7 book publications. Dr. Teimourian is also a full clinical professor and on faculty at Georgetown University Medical School. He holds two honorary distinctions for The Best Doctors in America. He also holds an Outstanding Service Award from The American Society for Aethestic Plastic Surgery. Dr. Teimourian offers several services and procedures to enhance your figure. The list below are some of the services that are offered. If you are interested in a procedure that is not on the list please contact us for more information.
• Bethany College, Bethany, West Virginia B.S. 1955
• George Washington University of School of Medicine, Washington, D.C. M.D. 1958
• Surgical Internship George Washington University Medical Center 1958-1959
• Surgical Residency D.C. General Hospital (G.W. Program) 1959-1960
• Surgical Residency George Washington University Medical Center 1960-1961
• Plastic Surgery Residency George Washington University Medical Center 1961-1962
• Chief Residency in General Surgery Saint Elizabeth's Hospital (G.W. Program 1962-1963
• Chief Residency in Plastic Surgery George Washington University Medical Center
• Sibley Memorial Hospital Washington, D.C. Courtesy Staff 1980 - Present
• Suburban Hospital Bethesda, MD
Attending Surgeon 1964 - Present
• Certified Surgery Center
• Chevy Chase Surgery Center
• Assistant in Surgery George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C. 1959 - 1964
• Clinical Professor Plastic Surgery Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C. 1968 - 1989
• Faculty Member George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C. 1982 - present
• Diplomate National Board of Medical Examiners 1959
• Diplomate American Board of Plastic Surgery 1967
• District of Columbia 1959
• Virginia 1962
• Maryland 1963
• The Best Doctors in America, elected by peers as an outstanding physician in the field of Plastic Surgery, Woodard/White, Aiken, South Carolina, 1992 - 1993.
• The Best Doctors in America, elected by peers as an outstanding physician in the field of Plastic Surgery, Woodard/White, Aiken, South Carolina, 1994 - 1995
• An Evaluation of Suction Lipectomy, Sponsored by Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation and Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia.
• Suction Lipectomy of Face, Neck, and Body, Seventeenth Annual Symposium on Cosmetic Surgery, Cedars Medical Foundation Center, Miami, Florida, (Tape given to Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation, February, 1982).
• UCLA Suction - Assisted Lipectomy Symposium. Sponsored by Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation, April, 1983.
• Direct Vision Suction Lipectomy, Copyrighted and all rights transferred to Plastic Surgery Educational
Foundation, August, 1983.
• Karp, R. B., Teimourian, B.: Laser Skin Resurfacing: The High Energy "Peel" of the Twenty-First Century?
• Perspectives in Plastic Surgery, Vol. 10, No. 1, 1996, p. 38-53.
• Teimourian, B.: Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction. Letter to the Editor, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Vol.100, No. 6, November 1997, p. 1623 - 1625.
• Teimourian, B., Marefat, S.: Facial Surgery in the Middle Eastern Patient. Ethnic Considerations in Facial Aesthetic Surgery, Edited by Dr. W. Earle Matory, Jr. Lippencott-Raven Publishers, New Yrok, 1998, Chapter 27, p. 343-362.
• Teimourian, B., Malekzadeh, S.: Rejuvenation of the Upper Arm, Cosmetic Ideas and Innovation. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery , Vol. 102, No. 2, 1998, p. 545-551.
• Teimourian, B., Karp, R.B., Malekzadeh, S.: The Propeller Flap: A One Stage Procedure for Nipple Areola Reconstruction. Grabb's Encyclopedia of Flaps, Second Edition, Lippincott-Raven, Philadelphia, PA, VOL. III, 1998, p. 1360-1362.
• Adham, M., Teimourian, B.: The Modified Cartilage Disc Tip Graft in Primary Rhinoplasty. Aesthetic Surgery Journal. May/June 1998, p. 198 - 201.
• Teimourian, B., Adham, M., Malekzadeh, S.: Waist Line Cincture. Aesthetic Surgery Journal, November/December 1998, p. 458-460.
• Teimourian, B., Adham, M.: A National Survey of Complications Associated with Suction Lipectomy: What We Did Then and What We Do Now. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Vol. 105, No. 5, April 2000, p. 1881-1884.
• Adham, M., Teimourian, B.: Treatment of Alar Cartilage Malposition Using Cartilage Disc Graft Technique. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Vol. 104, No. 4, September 1999, p.1118-1125.
• Teimourian, B, Adham, M.: Dscussion of "Brachioplasty Technique with the Use of Molds", by Edwaldo Bollivar de Souza Pinto, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Vol. 105, No. 5., April 2000, p. 1861-1863.
• Teimourian, B., Adham, M.: "Rejuvenation of the Hand: Fat Injection Combined with TCA Peel", Aesthetic Surgery Journal, Jan./Feb. 2000, p. 70-71.
INVITED LECTURES, PANELS AND COURSES
• Invited Lecturer, Body Contouring Symposium, California Society of Plastic Surgeons 50th Annual Meeting. Santa Monica, California, May 28 and 29, 2000.
• Invited Speaker, Body Contouring Pearls, Sponsored by the National Capital Society of Plastic Surgeons, Washington, DC, February 24, 1999.
• Panelist and Speaker, "Ultransonic Lipoplasty"and "Liposuction-A Longterm Perspective". Sponsored by Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons, Washington, DC, October 11-13, 1996.
• Instructor, Annual Plastic Surgery Symposium, XXII Simposio Anual Inernacional de Cirugia Plastica-Estetica, Body Contouring of the Neck, Body Contouring of the Arm and the Abdomen, Body Contouring of the Thigh and Lower Leg and Gynecomastia. Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
Instructor, "Abdominoplasty Combined with Liposuction;" "Thight Lift with Periosteal Fixation;" Liposuction for Neck Contouring;" "treatment of Gynecomastia". Sponsored by the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital in conjection with The Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Eye Surgery.
Visiting Professor, "Cosmetic Surgery of the Face and Body, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, October 1993.
• Speaker, "Fat Injection - Technique - Indications, Contra-Indication, Long Term Outcome and Problem Cases," Sponsored by The Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Harrisburg, PA, March 12-13, 1993.
• Speaker, Recent Advances in Lipsuction. Sponsored by the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Washington, DC, September, 1992.
• Instructor, "Sculpting of the Face and body by Liposuction," Sponsored by the 25th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Los Angeles, California, May 3-8 1992.
• Chairman, Local Agreements for the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery,Inc., held at the Washington Sheraton Hotel on March 29, 1984
• The Best Doctors in America, elected by peers as an outstanding physician in the field of Plastic Surgery, Woodard/White, Aiken, South Carolina. 1992-1993
• The Best Doctors in America, elected by peers as an outstanding physician in the field of Plastic Surgery, Woodard/White, Aiken, South Carolina. 1994-1995
• Augmentation Mammaplasty
Breast augmentation, or augmentation mammaplasty, is a surgical procedure to enhance the size and shape of a woman's breast. By inserting an implant behind a breast, surgeons are able to increase a woman's bra cup by one or more sizes. The result is a fuller, more shapely, balanced bustline.
• Breast Lift - Mastopexy
Mastopexy is a surgical procedure designed to lift and reshape breast tissue. Mastopexy can also reduce the size of the areola, the darker skin surrounding the nipple. In some cases, breast implants are used in conjunction with mastopexy to increase firmness and breast size. A breast lift can restore the shape of your bustline, enhancing your appearance and self-confidence.
• Male Breast Reductions (Gynecomastia)
Correction of Enlarged Male Breasts
Gynecomastia is a medical term dervided from the Greek words for "woman-like breasts." Though this oddly named condition is rarely talked about, it's actually quite common. Gynecomastia affects an estimated 40 to 60 percent of men. It may affect only one breast or both. Though certain drugs and medical problems have been linked with male breast overdevelopment, there is no known cause in the vast majority of cases. The procedure removes fat and or glandular tissue from the breasts, and in extreme cases removes excess skin, resulting in a chest that is flatter, firmer, and better contoured.
• Facial Lift
• Facial Implant
• Eye Lid Surgery
• Forehead Lift
• Liposuction and body countouring
• Laser Facial Resurfacing
• Ear Surgery
• Nose Surgery
• Chemical Peel
• Tummy Tuck
• Collagen Injection
Dr. Teimourian has combined his experience with a skilled and caring staff of nurses, anesthesiologist's and certified surgical technologist's to create the Ambulatory Surgery Center - Besthesda. Operating Since 1995, the center's primary mission is to provide patients with the highest quality patient care possible.
The Ambulatory Surgery Center - Bethesda is fully accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilties, Inc. (AAAASF), as well as MD State Licensure. AAAASF Accreditation provides patients with the assurance that sringent standards for equipment, operating safety, personnel, and surgeon credentials are met.
Dr. Teimourian knows that providing the highest possible patient care is paramount. To this end the surgery center's board certified anesthesiologist's and nursing staff utilize advanced instruments and monitoring devices for patient safety during surgery and in the recovery period.
Over 1,500 cases have been performed at the Ambulatory Surgery Center - Bethesda. Procedures Routinely Performed at the srgery center on an outpatient basis include breast augmentation, liposuction, facelift, eyelid, necklift, facial implants, breast reduction and abdominoplasty surgery. Instrumentation used during surgery reflects the latest advances in cosmetic surgery. State of the art equipment used at the surgery center include coherent laser, endoscopic equipment, ultrasound and power assisted liposuction.
Dr. Teimourian, along with his staff, is dedicated to ensuring the highest quality of patient care whie providing innovative and cost-containing solutions for patient care in the Ambulatory Surgery Center - Bethesda