Steven R. Cohen, MD, FACS, FAAP, is uniquely qualified to address craniofacial and cosmetic facial concerns. Unlike many plastic surgeons that are only familiar with the treatment of soft tissue aging, Dr. Cohen has an extensive knowledge of the underlying craniofacial support system. Dr. Cohen's high volume of complex reconstructive and cosmetic cases has positioned him as a leader among his peers internationally and nationwide.
• Plastic Surgical Training, University of Pennsylvania
• Craniofacial Fellowship, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles
• Former Chief of Craniofacial Surgery, University of Michigan
• Developed The Center for Craniofacial Disorders at the Scottish Rite Children's Medical Center, Atlanta, GA
• Authored over 150 papers in medical journals, chapters and books covering all aspects of craniofacial reconstruction and facial aesthetics
• Created one of the first internal craniofacial skeletal distraction devices
• Director of Craniofacial Surgical Services, Children's Hospital, San Diego
• Performed the first biodegradable distraction case in the world with Dr. Holmes on November 19, 1999
• Editorial Board of the Plastic Reconstructive Surgery (current), the Annals of Plastic Surgery (1996 to 1998) and the Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal (1993 to 1998)
• Executive Board of the American Society of Craniofacial Surgery and the American Society of Maxillofacial Surgery
• Founder, LeonardoMD, Inc., Online Medicine
Dr. Cohen is also an accomplished painter and sculptor, represented by the Kiang Gallery in Atlanta, GA. His works are in a number of private and professional collections across the nation.