From a leading New York plastic surgeon--an honest, informative and sensitive guide for every woman considering cosmetic breast surgery.
There’s no such thing as truly "perfect breasts," but their appearance can dramatically affect how you feel about yourself and how others perceive you. In Cosmetic Breast Surgery, Dr. Robert Freund--a distinguished plastic surgeon who has worked on the breasts of thousands of women in his private and public practices--helps you decide if cosmetic breast surgery is right for you. Included are:
• Clear descriptions of the basic procedures--enlargements, reductions, lifts and reconstructions—and the surgery options involved with each one
• Advice on finding a qualified plastic surgeon who can meet your specific needs
• An assessment of the risks and rewards related to each procedure and guidance on how to prepare for surgery and the recovery period that follows
• A chapter addressing the complex tangle of emotions that surround cosmetic breast surgery by prominent clinical psychologist Dr. Jennifer N. Duffy
• Counsel on what to do if a procedure goes wrong, including ways to fix bad surgery
• Before-and-after patient photographs and illustrations detailing the different surgical procedures
Interspersed with stories and anecdotes from Dr. Freund's extensive plastic surgery experience, Cosmetic Breast Surgery is an essential resource for every woman considering the procedure.