|ABOUT DR LEFKOVITS
New York plastic surgeon Dr. George Lefkovits is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology. He has extensive training and experience in performing plastic and cosmetic surgery procedures. He has been in private practice performing plastic surgery in New York since the 1981. The depth of his education and the length of his experience have honed his aesthetic sense and enabled him to see beyond the fads that are marketed as the next big thing in plastic surgery.
Dr. Lefkovits puts his training and experience at the service of his patients, performing only procedures that he knows to be safe and effective and recommending only procedures that will help patients reach their cosmetic goals.
Training and Professional Associations
Dr. Lefkovits attended medical school at Georgetown University School of Medicine and Downstate Medical Center. He performed his residency training at Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital, and at Lenox Hill Hospital, where he served as Chief Resident in Plastic Surgery and continues to participate in the teaching program. He has also served as an Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery at New York Medical College. He has published in the plastic surgery literature and has lectured at national and state meetings.
Dr. Lefkovits is a member of numerous plastic surgery and medical societies including:
Prior positions include Secretary and President of the Semmelweis Scientific Society and a member of the Public Relations Committee of the New York County Medical Society.
If you are made self-conscious by your appearance, you know that beauty's impact is more than skin deep. Your appearance affects you every time you meet a new person, every time you engage in conversation, every time you look at yourself in the mirror. If aspects of your appearance affect you this way, plastic surgery can help, and that's what makes it a great privilege to be a part of this misunderstood discipline.
Although the results of our procedures are highly visible, the best part is invisible: the confidence that you feel when you go out in public without trying to hide your eyes, your ears, your breasts, or any other part of your body. The confidence that comes of being able to just be yourself without worrying about how others respond to your appearance.
We know many people are intimidated by surgery, and our staff is trained to help you see the reality past rumors and horror stories that are mostly urban myths. Our staff is experienced, helpful, and reassuring. You are never just another patient with us--you are a name, a face, a whole person.
- Gynecomastia - The correction of enlarged breasts in men via liposuction and/or subcutaneous mastectomy.
- Liposuction - Improving body contours by removing localized fat deposits.
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) - The surgical correction of a sagging belly by the removal of excess skin and tightening abdominal muscles.
- Buttock Enlargement - This procedure can help you achieve the curvaceous body you desire using state-of-the-art fat grafting procedures.
- Facelift - The surgical rejuvenation of the face by restoring sagging skin and other tissues to a more youthful position.
- Fat Transplant - Using your own fat to improve the contours of your face and body.
- Cheek Augmentation - Whether you are looking to restore cheeks that have lost volume with age or reshape your face, this procedure can help.
- Chin Augmentation - The enhancement of your profile by enlarging the chin with an implant or injectable fillers.
- Hair Transplantation - The correction of male pattern baldness or other forms hair loss using micro and minigrafts.
- Botox® Cosmetic Injections- The noninvasive treatment of some types of wrinkles, including frown lines, forehead creases, and crow's feet.
- Laser Hair Removal - The use of a laser to remove hair and permanently reduce hair density.
- Laser Resurfacing - A laser is used to remove the outer layers of skin to expose fresher, more youthful skin and stimulate new skin growth.
- Breast Augmentation - Small breasts arising from underdevelopment or following pregnancy can be enlarged using implants.
- Liposuction - Localized fat deposits can be removed using cannulas or fine tubes applied to a suction pump through small incisions.
- Mommy Makeover - A Mommy Makeover will help repair the damage caused by pregnancy.
- Thigh Lift -The lifting of sagging outer and /or inner thighs by skin excision.
- Buttock Enlargement - If you desire round projecting buttocks, the state of the art technique of fat grafting (Brazilian Butt Fill) is now available to try to achieve your goal.
- Cheek Augmentation - The enhancement of flattened cheeks using implants over the cheek bones.
- Fat Transplant - The correction of facial and body depressions using one's own fat.
- Botox® Injections - Botox® injections are very popular for the treatment of certain facial wrinkles including the frown lines, forehead creases, and "crow's feet".
- Laser Hair Removal - The use of a laser hair removal system to remove facial and/or body hair.
- Laser Resurfacing - The use of a revolutionary technique whereby a laser beam is used to resurface the face to correct lines, creases, acne scars and blemishes.
- Spider Vein Treatment - Using the Cool Glide® Laser System, Dr. Lefkovits can help make your spider veins disappear.